SRE Exam for Jammu and Srinagar Centers has been postponed to 22-May-2016
The Sikh Religion Examination (SRE) is conducted every year by Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), Sri Amritsar to fill the 50% seats reserved for the candidates of the Sikh minority community in the following SGPC run institutes:
For admission to these colleges under the Sikh minority quota, the candidates must qualify the Sikh Religion Examination (SRE-2016). A candidate shall be eligible for admission by securing minimum 36% marks in this examination. Admission will, however, be made on the basis of the JEE-2016/ JET-2016 merit.
- BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- BBSB Polytechnic College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic College, Ludhiana
Benefits of SRE?
1. No management fee shall be charged from students for admission in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College from students who come through SRE.
2. Scholarships to first Six Toppers of SRE-2016 Examination if admission is taken in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College.
Who can appear for SRE?
Only students belonging to Sikh religion and maintaining complete Sikh appearance (“Sikh Saroop”) are eligible for SRE.
Pattern Of Exam
The paper shall comprise of multiple choice questions from Sikh religion in two languages (English and Punjabi). All questions are compulsory and there is no negative marking.
Where is SRE held?
SRE test will be conducted Offline/Online mode at selected centres in Punjab as well as out side Punjab.
How to Register for SRE?
GUIDELINES FOR THE SIKH RELIGION EXAMINATION (SRE-2016)-OFFLINE REGISTRATION
GUIDELINES FOR THE CANDIDATES APPEARING IN THE SRE-2016 - ONLINE REGISTRATION
- The candidates desirous of appearing in this examination must report, in person, at the below mentioned venues for the verification of their Sikh identity.
Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
From 01.05.16 to 12.05.16 [except on Sundays]
Sikh Mission SGPC, Gurdwara Rakabganj Sahib, New Delhi:
01.05.2016 to 12.05.2016
The application forms shall be available at the counter. The Roll number-cum-admit card for the SRE-2016 will be issued on the spot.
- The documents to be attached with the applications are:
a) Photocopy of Admit Card of JEE-16 and +2 OR JET-16 and matric
b) Three passport-size photographs.
c) Fee of Rs. 300/- payable in cash.
d) Self declaration as per the format given on the backside of the form, mentioning “I belong to Sikh religion, abide by the principles of Sikhism, have faith in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and maintain complete Sikh appearance (“Sikh Saroop”) wear Turban (only for male candidates), do not cut hair, do have word “Singh / Kaur” suffixed with the name and do not believe in any other Sect”.
The self declaration submitted should be countersigned by one of the parents/legal guardian of the candidate.
- In case the name of the candidate does not include “Singh / Kaur” the candidate shall have to submit a copy of the affidavit given for the change of name, and the newspaper cutting in original carrying the declaration for the change of name.
- The suggested books (SGPC Publications) for the preparation of the exam are: Sikh Itihas Part-I and Part-II by Prof. Kartar Singh, Dharam Pothi No. 9 & 10, Sikh Rahit Maryada, Sikh Faith by Gurbax Singh.(Available at BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib and Sikh Mission SGPC, Gurdwara Rakabganj Sahib, New Delhi on payment of Rs 100/, however the same is also available free of cost on SRE Website. )
- For further details contact 01763-503067, 503478, 8872016450, 1800-137-2015 (toll free) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Registration for Sikh Minority Quota is from 01-03-2016 to 12-05-2016. Sikh identity would be verified at the time of exam.
- Candidate is advised to fill the On-Line Application Form very carefully as once submitted; the candidate cannot edit his/her application form.
- Visit the institute website www.sre.bbsbec.ac.in and click on “Registration Form” tab.
- Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID, mobile number and softcopy of your passport size image. The size of image should not be more than 150KB. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online/Parents email ID can also be used. You should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id regularly during the admission process as the institute may send intimations for written test etc. through this.
- Fill the Registration form with your basic details and click "Next".
- Candidate is required to upload his/her signature and latest passport size photograph with following specifications on the Application Form & Admit Card.
- A photograph of minimum 35X45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate. The maximum size of Image should not be more than 150KB
- On successfully submitting the form, you will be sent your registration number on your mobile and email address, and you will be redirected to Payment Page.
- Payment Page will contain options for Online and Offline Payment of the Fee.
- In case of Online Payment, candidate will be navigated to the Online Payment Portal of the college, where he/she will need to deposite Rs 300 using NetBanking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- In case of Offline Payment, candidate will be asked to download Bank Challan and he/she needs to deposit the fee in any OBC Bank Branch and get the "Bank Challan" filled and stamped from the Bank Official.
- In case of Offile Payment only, candidate needs to update the details and upload scanned copy of Bank Challan on the SRE Website under "Fee Details" link.
- Fee verification will be done in 24-48 hours
- After fee payment, the student needs to take print out of Application Form(from "Download Application Form" Tab) and submit the print copy of application form, copy of admit card of (JEE-2016 & XII)/(JET-2016 & X) Copy of Bank Challan (Only in case of Offline Payment) to the institute. These must reach the office of the Coordinator (SRE-2016), Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib-140407 before the closing date and time i.e. 12-May-2016 up to 04:00 pm. In any case, if the application is delayed in transit, the responsibility will be entirely of the candidate.
- The Admit Card will be available for download from the SRE website. Candidates will be intimated via Email/SMS as and when Admit Cards are available for download. The candidate is required to download his/her Admit Card and print the same (minimum 2 copies to be safer) for the entry in Examination Centre [Sikh Religion Examination (SRE-)16]. Entry without Admit card is not allowed in any case.
- It is advisable to stay updated with the institute's website www.bbsbec.edu.in
- At the time of admission, the verification of their Sikh identity will be done by the institute.
- Date and time of Sikh Religion Examination(SRE-2016) 14-May-2016, 11:30 am– 12:30 pm
- Date and time of declaration of result 15-May-2016 at 10 pm